I am a computer engineering student from Mumbai, India. I’m a technology enthusiast who loves digging deep into various aspects of computer science. I am currently a Technology analyst at Credit Suisse, India.
I started contributing to Linux kernel about a year back and interned with Linux kernel, mentored by Jonathan Corbet. If you wish to read about my project CLICK HERE
OPEN SOURCE CONTRIBUTIONS:
- Speaker at the Open Source Summit, Europe (2017) and Open Source summit and Automotive Grade Linux, Tokyo (2018)
- Linux Kernel intern
- Contributed to Linux kernel, Wikimedia, Mozilla foundation and other open source platforms
- Kernel patches: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git/log/?h=staging-testing&qt=grep&q=sayli+karnik
- Published article – https://opensource.com/article/18/8/first-linux-kernel-patch
- Participant in the Eudyptula challenge
Bachelor of engineering (Computer Science), Sardar Patel institute of technology
- Xcalibur: An angular based application with underlying query builder to calculate market risk of traders’ portfolios.
- Mathematical problem solver: An AI based application which allows users to capture images of mathematical expressions and solves them using Tesseract OCR and Wolfram alpha.
- Document clustering: The project clusters textual documents based on keywords that are usually grouped together. The grouping is done based on similarity of word frequencies. The algorithm used is K-means clustering algorithm in a distributed system.
- Personal Security Tracker: Created an Android app to allow users to send alerts to emergency contacts in suspicious situations in a prompt manner along with location tracking and a siren alarm provision to seek help in dangerous situations.
- Packet sniffing: Implemented interception and logging of traffic that passes over a digital network using Python.
- Brain skills testing games: Developed a set of games that tested various brain skills like quickness, spatial skills, response etc. It was built using applets in Java.
- Operating Systems: Simulated commands in Linux.
- Cyber Snooping project: Drafted an extensive report on the study of cyber snooping by firms, governments and countries working in a team of 5.
- Technology analyst at Credit Suisse, India
- Head of the Programmer’s Incorporation – PI Club of SPIT. [2015-16]
- In the Mozilla – Kinto (IRC: #kinto) contributor’s team. (https://github.com/orgs/Kinto/people) 
- Conducted workshops on hosting, open source, basics in operating systems at my university
- Android app for ‘Expense Tracking’ was shortlisted among the top 10 apps at Credit Suisse. 
- Robotics workshop by Robosapiens Technologies.